MARKETING MANAGER, ELEVEN SPORTS U.K.
Reports into: HEAD OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS, ELEVEN SPORTS U.K.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join our team.
A new entrant into the U.K. market, ELEVEN SPORTS aims to establish itself as the trusted and inspired source delivering highly engaging content to dedicated audiences and become the number one independent sports platform focused on fans.
The young, ambitious global broadcaster ELEVEN SPORTS is seeking an experienced digital and linear media marketing manager to support all marketing efforts.
At ELEVEN we aim to be distributed everywhere our audiences are via a platform agnostic approach which includes a diversified digital portfolio across owned and operated properties on the web and apps. We need to build out a powerful social presence and craft stories with all fans of our events in mind. We will need to drive off-platform partners and affiliate partners for our 24/7 linear services.
The successful candidate will work with the head of marketing to create, and manage the implementation, tracking and optimization of ELEVEN’s brand, digital marketing, partnership marketing strategies with a focus on commercial growth and success for ELEVEN as a newcomer in a highly competitive U.K. sports media entertainment.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a marketing executive with demonstrated start-up experience to join a young, dynamic broadcast group and make an impact domestically with some of the most innovative action in sport. ELEVEN aims to challenge the status quo and transform the way fans consume and engage with sports content.
The candidate’s priority will be to execute and implement the agreed marketing strategy with a focus on stakeholder management and customer acquisition. The successful candidate will need to have proven experience in converting audiences and formulating CRM campaigns. This role’s key focus will be on supporting customer growth and retention, looking at how we communicate to customers & when.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate prior results within a marketing/subscription field and the competency to take on first-time responsibilities in leading the broader marketing functions of a media company, overseeing broadcast and digital marketing teams, creative talent and communications, with associated success in enabling sales teams to generate revenue (both B2B and B2C) across multiple platforms.
Experience working in sports and digital media is essential. The candidate must demonstrate experience in delivering linear and digital content strategy, with an emphasis on audience segmentation, influencer marketing and grassroots engagement.
- Supporting the head of marketing to deliver and execute marketing strategy.
- Align B2B marketing by building and nurturing synergies and opportunities for all partners; distribution / affiliates, sponsors, rights holders, ambassadors and other commercial partners
- Work with research team to identify trends and insights, evaluate emerging campaign strategies and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies, staying abreast of industry trends, competitor strategy and performance and developments in the field of marketing, maintaining professional links with the industry and incorporating fresh approaches into marketing plans.
- Maximize brand’s exposure in paid and earned social media channels
- Create, build and manage the most resourceful teams of content editors, social media marketers (internal or external, agencies)
- Identify KPIs for teams based on subs, engagement, ROI and CRM
- Working closely with the editorial team, ensure creation of valuable and bespoke digital content that is effective in targeting the right audience at the right time
- Direct the social media calendar and strategy
- Continually fine-tune optimal product pricing strategies and services
- Working closely with editorial teams, create regular subscription campaigns and promotions
- Gather CRM and audience insights from data capture to assist in creating effective campaign strategies
- Using data metrics, help to drive performance of our digital products and collaborate with internal teams to optimize UX
B2B Affiliate & Partnership Marketing
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce effective affiliate, stakeholder / partnership and consumer promotional materials
- Create marketing presentations and case studies for stakeholders and partners
- Work with agency as required to stimulate customer demand and induce pressure on affiliates
- Establish, ensure and facilitate processes whereby affiliates and partners make use of our content to increase brand awareness
- Develop joint annual marketing plans with affiliates to maximize exposure
- Develop marketing tools to increase brand awareness at events, call centers, in campaigns, online and on air
- Build good relationships that help ensure accurate and effective use of rights content and branding in all partner and affiliate collateral
Please send your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'MARKETING MANAGER, ELEVEN SPORTS U.K.'